Sunday 14 April 2013

WEEK 1


Welcome to The Acrobat Archives!  This is part of the A Life series which follows a sim through to the top level of a career/profession with NO CHEATS (Ok, I do use hideheadlineeffects and reset sim if there are stuck townies but nothing that affects the sim directly)!!!  This series started out as a challenge for myself as I rely heavily on cheats during gameplay and found the no cheats legacy too hard (yes my legacies are full of family funds cheats and constant need bar dragging!!) so I thought just working with 1 sim and concentrating on their career goals might be a little easier!  This time we have 2 careers on the go as voting was tied for the next one so you will also see Adventures In Architecture chapters popping up! 

I hope you enjoy following the sims through these careers and continue to enjoy future episodes.  The new Island Paradise EP looks like it may provide a few new ones for us to explore!
Right then.  On with week 1!


Here is the lucky sim chosen to reach Level 10 of the Acrobat career path.  Lets take a look at her vital statistics!

NAME – Vivian Lord

SPECIES – Human

TRAITS – Star Quality, Daredevil, Athletic, Artistic, Natural Born Performer

LIKES – Electronica, Sushi, Red

STAR SIGN – Libra

STARTING FUNDS - $16,500


I have chosen to use Starlight Shores for this career as it has the best venues for performing.

Here is Vivian’s new home, its called Compact Cottage and cost $15,831


Quite a good size for a starter home!

So we start week 1 with:

DAY 1 - SUNDAY

SIMOLEONS - $669
ACROBAT LEVEL - 0


Vivian arrived at her new home and heads straight for the TV to work out, no prompting required!  I like a Sim that makes life easy for me!


The University mascot arrived with his bucket full of freebies.



Having the Athletic trait Vivian is keen to meet the mascot and heads out to chat and show him the latest funny internet video.


However asking for mascot training was probably not the best idea!  He got quite angry!


After refusing to speak any further with Vivian the mascot struts off.


With low funds and bills on the horizon Vivian grabs the paper and signs up for the Acrobat career.

Her stage name is Dove Spins and she earns $275 per week.



She heads off to the gym to start boosting her athletic skills.


She really needs that boost!!

Vivian: Someone greased the bar!

Of course they did honey.


Despite the sabotaged exercise equipment Vivian managed to reach athletic level 2.  

Time to get washed up and head home for a bite to eat.


I thought autumn salad would be the safest option considering her lack of cooking skill!


With her fun running low Vivian spent some time watching the game.


And finally time for bed.

Vivian: Do you really have to follow me everywhere?

Yep!



DAY 2 – MONDAY

The summer festival arrived in town along with the rain.


Vivian braved the cooker and made waffles without setting fire to anything.

Vivian: This stove is awful!  I need a better one!

You start earning some simoleons and I'll think about it.


That’s not going to get you a new cooker young lady!

Vivian: But it’s the big game!

What, bigger than the one you watched yesterday?

Vivian: Much bigger.

Fine.



Vivian rolled the wish to have her fortune told, as getting lifetime rewards really helps when you are on the no cheats road I decided to let her.  However not having a fortune teller lot in Starlight Shores I had to make my own!


After spending a ridiculous amount of money (really I couldn't help myself!!) Vivian finally got her prediction – “But things should get better in a week”

Vivian: Really? That’s it?

Just leave before she asks you for more money!



Having spent most of her funds at the fortune tellers Vivian heads off to see if she can earn some tips.


Vivian: It’s your fault I have to do this in the rain you know.

Urm, yeah.  Sorry about that.


After getting no tips from performing at the Library Vivian heads to the gym for another workout and reached athletic level 3.


Once home she has a rummage through the University bucket for freebies.

Vivian:  Cool!  Can I go to University?

Maybe you can try the aptitude test and get a scholarship but you really need to work on that career for now.





Vivian manages another non burnt creation and reaches cooking level 1.


Looked who sneaked into Vivian’s inventory at the fortune tellers!  Meet Ken!


DAY 3 – TUESDAY

After breakfast Vivian heads over to the Sim Fest at the park.


Vivian: Boo! Get off you're rubbish!

That could be you up there one day, be nice!


Vivian:  Oooh a singer!  I love singers!

So were you planning on trying to make some money today?

Vivian: Fine.



Vivian: Everyone left and it’s raining, can I stop now?

Yes, you can go to the gym.

She will climb the career ladder even if it is by athletic skill alone!


Vivian: You really know how to capture my good side don't you.

He he!



And we welcome our first broken appliance!


Vivian: And I’m fixing this why?

You can't afford a repairman.

Vivian: It’s because you kept giving money to that fortune teller isn't it?

Hey, it was your wish!



DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY

Bad things are afoot as Vivian sleeps!  Ken calls on his ninja skills to try and scare the burglar off but to no avail.


Vivian: Did you just steal my dresser?

Burglar: Yes.

Vivian: Why?

Burglar: It’s what I do.



As Vivian called the police the burglar casually strolled off.


By the time the police arrived he was long gone.

Policeman: I'm sorry ma'am but we didn't get him. 

Vivian: What do you mean?  He just left!

Policeman: You really should get a burglar alarm fitted you know.  It links up to the station and alerts us quicker.


Vivian: *sobs* But I can't afford one!  The voice spent all my money on the fortune teller!

Policeman: Are you hearing voices ma’am? I could recommend a good medical professional.

Vivian: *starts crying hysterically*

Policeman: Well, I'd best be heading off then.

She’s not going to forgive me for this is she?


So what’s the plan for today then?

Vivian: …


Still angry about the whole burglar thing huh?

Vivian: …

Ok then!



Vivian heads off to the park and spends some time skating.


Then performs for tips.  Finally an audience!  She made $102 in tips and earns a promotion!

Vivian is now acrobat level 2 Novice Juggler and earns $340 per week.


In desperate need for some social Vivian chats to one of the spectators, Wylie Luck.



And dared him to eat cinnamon!

That’s probably not the best way to make friends you know.

Vivian: Yeah, but it was so funny!


DAY 5 – THURSDAY, LEISURE DAY

Breakfast waffles take Vivian to cooking level 2.



Vivian: I thought this was leisure day, why am I cleaning?

Just lucky I guess.


Ken was fine tuning his ninja skills in case of another break in.


Vivian headed off to the Simfest.


Vivian: OMG! This guy is the bomb!

Another singer is it?

Vivian: *sigh* He’s so dreamy!


As soon as he had finished his set Vivian went over to introduce herself.

Vivian: Hi I'm Vivian, your set was amazing!

Singer: Finnegan.  And what celebrity level might you be?


Vivian: Oh! *giggles* I'm not a celebrity!

Finnegan: Then how dare you approach the great Finnegan!  I do not associate with such riffraff!


Vivian: Ooh, acrobat!  I love acrobats!

I thought you loved singers?

Vivian: Meh, not so much.

Well Finnegan has left a lasting impression it seems!



Feeling a little dejected Vivian nipped outside to perform for a few tips, but with everyone watching the show she did not have any luck so headed back inside.


Vivian: I hope one day I can be that good!

Oh my dear, you will be better!

She also got a call from Wayne Martin inviting her to his party.



Vivian enjoyed the next act until the magician levitated the acrobat that had just performed.

Vivian: I don't want to do that.  Ever!


The acrobat rejoined the crown a little shaken.

Vivian: You maniac magician!  You could have killed her!



Party Time!


Vivian thoroughly enjoyed the party and spent the night dancing.



Vivian: Do you think I could afford a party?

Maybe.


DAY 6 – FRIDAY

Ahh the joys of cooking level 2, everything comes out burnt!




Vivian: Can I have a Bonehilda?

No.

Vivian: A maid?

Maybe.



Vivian got a call from Wylie, the fairy she met at the park.

Vivian: So you're not mad about the whole cinnamon thing then?


And got a gift from Javed, the acrobat she had seen perform at the Simfest.   She is popular!



Vivian tried her hand at the University aptitude test.  She can’t afford tuition fees but if she could get a scholarship…


Unfortunately she did not get a scholarship so back to training.

After a full afternoon of working out she improved her athletic skill to level 4.


Just time for a snack before heading to bed.


DAY 7 - SATURDAY

Ken lies in wait for the postman hoping to intercept any incoming gifts!


Cooking pancakes for breakfast takes Vivian to cooking level 3.  Even though she burnt them!


As Vivian doesn't have enough money for an easel she heads off to The Urbine Center for the Arts to use theirs and improve her painting skill.  It seems she has taken a dislike to this woman!


She even refuses to walk up the stairs at the same time as her!


Once finally inside she sets to work painting and reaches painting level 1.  
Vivian sells the painting for $15.


With her painting finished she set about trying to earn some tips.



Unfortunately she didn't make any money but did get promoted to acrobat level 3 – Performance Artist and now earns $400 per week.


Vivian heads home to take care of her needs ready for the week ahead.


While Ken is still patiently waiting for the postman.

END OF WEEK 1

SIMOLEONS - $428
ACROBAT LEVEL – 3

I hope you have enjoyed the first week of The Acrobat Archives and will join me for week 2 which will be out soon (ish)!!

Hugs and Happy Simming!

xox





















































2 comments:

  1. Ken is so cute! I love the funny wee poses the gnomes do! XD Great start, Vivian is very pretty. I remember when I first got Showtime, I made over Wylie Luck and he was lovely! Loved it, looking forward to more! ;o)

    ReplyDelete